Scope of Services
• Vast experience in all types of federal slaughter inspections
• Federal Meat Inspection Act, Humane Slaughtering Act relating to bovine (beef), porcine (pork), ovine (lamb and sheep); cervine (deer).
• Kosher and Halal slaughter processes
• Antemortem and post-mortem inspection along with federal supervisory oversight on slaughterhouses throughout the United States including Hawai‘i and CNMI (Saipan).
•Poultry Products Inspection Act, Egg Inspection Act.
• Vast experience in inspecting and overseeing supervisory regulatory oversight with Confucian, Buddhist and Kosher poultry slaughter including young chickens and exotic species such as quail and pheasant in New York ethnic markets.
Scope of Services
• Sanitation Performance Standards (SPS)
• Sanitation Standards Operating Procedures (SSOP)
• Hazards Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
• Food safety presentations
• On-site, on-demand food safety training for FOH and BOH in food safety and common-sense culinary practices
• Foodborne disease investigation, mitigation and control
• Liaison with local and state health departments for any apparent food safety violations
• Establish responsible purchasing and receiving specifications and procedures for preventing foodborne illnesses
• Follow-up and tracking of food products
• Unannounced, discreet, 360-degree, top-to-bottom audits of establishments providing confidential reports to requesting management. Audits also can provide customer experience point-of-view. All audits reports’ scope will be from Abalone to Zabaglione (A to Z).
Scope of Services
• Expertise in converting commercial kitchens to USDA-FSIS federal establishments operating under Grant of Inspection regulations and standards.
• Assistance with local sanitation, product flow, responsible receiving and purchasing, preparation, cooking (lethality), cooling (stabilization) and distribution.
• Expertise in multiple food safety protocols. Can design quality, on-demand HACCP or SSOP regulatory plans in 48 hours.
• All aspects of micro investigations and tracking procedures for preventing pathogens including Norovirus; Salmonella; Clostridium perfringens & Bot Lm; Campylobacter; E.coli 0157:H7 & STEC; Staphylococcus aureus; Bacillus cereus
• Effective solutions to correct problems, to include further corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
• No problem too big or too small
Scope of Services
• Slaughterhouse/abattoir/processing facilities
• Intact/not ground; Non-Intact/Raw Product/Ground; Heat-treated not shelf-stable, not fully cooked; Heat-treated, shelf-stable; Canning/commercially sterile; Not heat-treated, shelf-stable; Fully cooked, not shelf-stable.
• Former regional import field supervisor overseeing all aspects of meat and poultry imports; responsible for one-fourth of the USDA Office of International Affairs for all meat products.
• Expertise in speaking with and working out solutions for foreign embassies’ food importation including Australia, Denmark, Italy and New Zealand.
• Assistance in equivalency with USDA-FSIS standards and regulations for importation of foreign products
• Experience with thousands of unique processed products
• Import inspector for USDA (ret.)
• Oversaw supervisory duties of export activities
US Annual Stats
Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention
Food Borne Illnesses
Pounds Recalled in 2017
About Tasty Safety
Joseph Realdine, CEO and Founder
JR’s nearly 30-year career with U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service included positions ranging from Slaughter Inspector to Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer and Frontline Supervisor. His real-world experience includes inspections of a wide range of facilities as a red meat slaughter inspector, poultry slaughter inspector, Halal slaughter inspector and processing inspector.
Recognized as an industry expert, Realdine is a frequent guest speaker including at the 2018 American Culinary Federation National Convention & Show in New Orleans.
As an inspector, Joseph was called as an expert witness in a successful USDA case against Homestead Gourmet Foods for repeated food processing violations -- and positive tests for Listeria monocytogenes.
Throughout his USDA career, Joseph received dozens of awards including a few USDA-FSIS Administrator Awards, as well as the Unsung Hero Award from the Organization of Professional Employees of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (OPEDA).
He brings real-life knowledge and experience from the front lines of food safety. He is a dedicated first-responder, as immediate boots-on-the-ground on the front lines of safe food service at Ground Zero (NYC), as well as for survivors of Hurricane Andrew.
for a variety of food processing facilities.
For outstanding service and efforts protecting public heath through collaborative FDA/USDA inspections that removed Listeria monocytogenes adulterated food products from consumer channels.
Mr. Molina compliments your professionalism and cooperation. It is very gratifying to hear such good things about District inspectors. I want to add my appreciation, not only for the way you handled this particular incident, but also for the continued excellent work you are becoming known for. Thanks!
I would like to recognize the professionalism of Inspector Joe Realdine who demonstrated to our government official and Argentine company representatives FSIS’s inspection procedures. I understand this experience will help to minimize future inspection delays and shipment problems.
Mr. Realdine’s outstanding professionalism and his fast and efficient actions saved us from a tremendous humiliation since the whole project was jeopardized and 5 months of work was eliminated. Without any hesitations we should state that USDA must be very fortunate of having at its force, Officers with Mr. Realdine’s caliber of professionalism and efficiency. Mr Realdine is really promoting the good will and exceptional international relationships among USA and Europe in the field of Agricultural services.
It is a pleasure working with someone who takes such a positive approach, a problem solver who always tries to find a sensible solution, while working within the regulatory framework. He is a real plus.